Freitag, 7. Juli 2006

TGIF!

Um, yes, I'm glad the weekend is ahead of me. Great news, isn't it?

Germany's out of the world cup, but it's okay with me. Not that I wouldn't have wanted our team to win the cup, but the way they played was much better than I had expected, so I'm not complaining.

I ordered 2 CDs recently. One is Final Straw by Snow Patrol. I love their song Run from that album and listened to clips of other songs on it and decided to get it. I've only listened to it once, it sounds okay. Maybe it'll grow on me. In the booklet it says "Parents of the world, be patient with your children" or something like that, which made me smile. No lyrics in the booklet, though, which was a disappointment.
The other CD is the latest album from a Swedish singer called Patrik Isaksson. (The album is also called Patrik Isaksson.) It's his fourth. I've got the first 2, but it's hard to find his stuff at all in Germany. The 2 CDs I already have I got in Denmark. The CD arrived today and I can't wait to listen to it when I get home from work. He's got a wonderful melancholy (if that's an adjective)voice. If he sang in English, I'm sure he'd be successful outside of Scandinavia, but maybe he doesn't want that.

Anyway, nice weekend everyone!

P.S.: Had to change the template again, couldn't stand the other one. I like this one much better (for now, haha).

3 Kommentare:

  1. After England got knocked out i was rooting for Germany, i thought the touranment was pulled off really well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks for rooting for us : ) I rooted for a England a little bit, too because of certain players I like. I'm glad Germany got and is still getting so much good press and compliments for the whole thing. Yay for us! : ) I hope the next world cup in South Africa is going to be good, too. That would be great for Africa.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It would have been good if Germany won, seeing as how well the whole of the World Cup went.

    I've got Snow Patrols album I really love the song Chocolate (at least I think that's what it's called as I haven't listened for a while)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...