Samstag, 22. November 2008

Snow

As every year, I'd like to report the first snow. It started yesterday in the late afternoon. And it's almost gone again. Did look quite pretty on my car this morning.

Snow and wind caused my sister's flight to Rome via Zurich to be delayed so she was stuck in Zurich for the night. I kept checking her flights on the airports' websites all evening. My own Friday night thriller. Strange way to spend an evening. Later I acted as her travel agent trying to rearrange her flight back. What a mess. But I guess all that was better than worrying and not knowing what was going on and not being able to help her - which would have been the case without my DSL. Cool.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I can also comment on the weekends snowfall. My girlfriend had a hard time getting here by train, because severe weather (mostly wind, in the beginning) interfered with the trains. But in the end she managed -- with me working in the background as travel manager, the way you did with your sister.
    The "Weihnachtsmarkt" here in Aachen opened this weekend -- perfect weather conditions for that.
    And: perfect weather for certain dishes, like "cabbage stew", that only taste good when it's freezing outside. Love that stuff. ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...