Freitag, 14. April 2006

Bad weather and Harry Potter

The weather totally sucks. Rain all morning long. And it’s so dark you want to stay in bed all day. On top of that, my dad is in a bad mood cos he can’t work in the garden in this weather and he doesn’t really know what to do with himself in the house. My sister is in Munich and they had about 4 inches of snow 2 days ago. Don’t we just love this awful weather?! My best friend is coming to visit next Wednesday and I so hope it’s going to be better by then.

I have finished Harry Potter 5 now. Poor boy. He was in such a bad mood more or less throughout the whole book. And who can blame him? He tells people about the return of Lord Voldemort and what happens? Nobody believes him, they even think he’s crazy. And this Dolores Umbridge character, very nasty! If you ask me, those are not children’s books at all. Maybe the first 2 volumes still were, but the newer ones, not in my opinion. Way too dark. Okay, I know, terrible things happen in fairytales, too, but those are fairytales and I think children don’t take them literally or aren’t in much danger to be harmed by them, but with HP it’s a bit different. Yes, it’s a fantasy novel, but it’s still somewhat grounded in reality. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one of these people who say HP should be banned cos it encourages wizardry and witchcraft or whatever, I’m just saying it’s not for small children. But enough of that. Now I need to find jeopardygirl’s HP 5 trivia quiz in her blog archives.

2 Kommentare:

  1. Harry was so miserable in Book 5 I really didn't like his attitude! Will you be reading Book 6 right away? It's so good.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I have a couple of other unfinished books and I also wanted to watch the HP 4 DVD before starting book 6, so it might take a while before I read it (although it's been sitting on my shelf for a loooong time, poor thing, hehe).

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...