Montag, 24. Oktober 2005

Testing BlogThis!

Wanted to mention a film I watched on DVD on Saturday night: Hidalgo with Viggo Mortensen. Viggo on a horse, what else does a girl need? ;-) No, seriously, I really liked the film based on the life of endurance rider Frank T. Hopkins.

Then last night Sweet Home Alabama was on TV. Saw it already when it was in theatres. Like Reese Witherspoon. Oh, and of course Josh Lucas and Patrick Dempsey. Both so handsome .... Dempsey was so good as Lily's schizophrenic (I think it was that disease) brother in ONCE & AGAIN, one of the best drama series on TV EVER. And Thomas-Nero Wolff did an excellent job with lending him his voice, i.e. dubbing him. Where was I? Right, SHA, cute film.

Also, am in the middle (or almost finished, rather) of watching SECRETARY, a rather strange film with Maggie Gyllenhaal (who looks a lot like her brother, if Jake's her brother, not sure about the way they're related) and James Spader. Terrific performances by both of them, but strange film, kinda Lynch-esque, although the music by Lynch's Haus-und-Hof composer doesn't sound like the music from Twin Peaks. Anyway ... about 5 mins into the film I thought I'd stop watching it, but then I continued and it turned out to be quite good. It's about a masochistic secretary. In the beginning she's auto-aggressive. Jeremy Davies is also in it. He fidgets around the same way he did in Solaris, and maybe also in Million Dollar Hotel, but I don't remember that very well. Both also rather strange films. (Note to self: think of a different word than strange.) In other words: took me several attempts to finish watching Solaris, not just because it was slow and confusing, but also because of a problem with an audio driver on my comp. But George Clooney always looks sooo hot in Steven Soderbergh films, so I did watch it in the end.

It should be clear by now why I've included the words blah blah in my blog name. I like to ramble on and get from one thing to another (vom Hundertsten ins Tausendste, we say in German) without remembering where I started or what my original point was - if there was one at all. Hee. That's me.

BTW, my cold's not better, but I'm determinded to go to work tomorrow and I've got some lemon powder stuff (to pour into a cup of hot water) that hopefully helps. Ich sollte lieber auf deutsch schreiben, wenn ich nicht weiß, wie bestimmte Sachen auf englisch heißen. Ha, und schreibt man Sprachen nicht groß? Na, egal, hab heut schon deutsche Blogs mit schlimmerer Rechtschreibung und Zeichensetzung gesehen ...

Now let's see if my formatting shows ...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...