Dienstag, 25. Oktober 2005

Who to tell?

Difficult question, I think. So far, only a small group of American and Canadian girls know about my blog. They (and I) are (former) Baleheads, i.e. fans of British actor Christian Bale. We were all members of his official mailing list at Yahoo! Groups, then started e-mailing and chatting privately and have kept in touch over the course of 5 years. So they’re the ones who know, mainly because 3 of them (AFAIK) keep blogs, too, and one in particular inspired me to start (or was one of the reasons why I started) this blog. (I’d been thinking about starting one for a year or two, had looked at different blog or online diary providers, had thought or read about the pros and cons but in the end – as with so many things in my life – hadn’t taken the decisive step. Decisive step sounds very much like a literal translation from German, but it should be clear what I mean.)

Where was I? Right, who to tell? As I said, so far only my “cyber friends” know about it. I don’t really want to tell anyone who I might be posting about in a way they wouldn’t like cos I think I’ll need this blog to vent about things or people sooner or later. So I can’t tell my sister or my co-workers. But I think I won’t be able to keep it to myself for long. Hm. We’ll see. I’ll definitely not use anybody’s real names when I talk about people I know.

I think I should decide if I want this blog to be a way for me to communicate with my friends, sort of like a substitute for e-mails. I’d just have to tell them about it once. Then if they want to know what’s going on in my life or what I think about this or that, they can read it here and leave a comment or e-mail me if they like. The other option would be to keep it secret so I can vent and say whatever I want about whoever I want. Problem: I want this blog to be both. Ah, well, I guess it’ll all work itself out in a while. Now I sound like Scarlett O’Hara at the end of Gone with the Wind. Hate that character. Read the whole big book, and in old writing where an f looks like an s. (It was an old edition from my grandmother.) Anyway, she says something like “Tomorrow is another day” or “Morgen ist auch noch ein Tag.” at the end of the film and it’s not a solution. But I don't have one now so I'll stop here.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...