Samstag, 10. Januar 2009

New music for the new year

Haven't made a list of new songs I like in a while. Guess now that I've got an iPod (only a Shuffle and I haven't really used it yet) I could call this "What's on my iPod" ... well, anyway, here come my song recs (not all brand new but still current):

James Morrison & Nelly Furtado - Broken Strings: Lovely duet. His voice is like velvet at the beginning of the song. A bit similar to James Blunt but less whiney kitschy. Like the lyrics as well: "You can't play on broken strings, you can't feel anything that your heart don't want to feel". Ha, grammar! Should be "doesn't" of course. English is going down the drain.

Razorlight - Wire to wire: Can's say I recognized this as Razorlight despite their big success with the song America last year. But it's a great song. Slow, with piano and chant-like singing. And quite sad. Oh boy, I'm not sure I can talk about music in English in a way that makes much sense ... forgive me ...

Snow Patrol - Crack the shutters: Also known as Shut the crackers in my crazy little head ... hehe. I know that makes no sense, but my mind is weird like that. Anyway, it's a lovely song. On the radio this morning they said Gary Lightbody (singer) called the song Snow Patrol's most obvious love song or something like that. IMO their song Run was definitely also a love song, and Chasing Cars as well. Run has been covered by Leona Lewis now. Uah. Not as bad as Bleeding Love but she should just have let Snow Patrol alone.

Ne-Yo - Miss Independent: I'm not a big urban fan, but I like this one, as well as Jordin Sparks' Tattoo and Jennifer Hudson's Spotlight.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...